(I’m sorry, I just hear Alan Partridge saying ‘Aha!’ in my head when I read that.)
I was asked by the lovely Kat over at Kat A Pillar (I LOVE that name!) – or Katsighs as she used to be known – to post five random facts about myself, answer her five questions, think of five more and ask them of five other bloggers, who all have 250 or fewer subscribers. You don’t ask too much, do you, Kat?!
I’m going to struggle with the five random facts. Seriously, after 400+ blogposts and nearly 16 months of blogging is there ANYTHING left I haven’t told you?! But here goes…
Five random facts about me
- I saw David Beckham outside a Spice Girls gig in 1998.
- I have terrible eczema on my hands. They bleed and in the winter I can’t even straighten my fingers.
- I had short hair as a child and everyone thought I was a boy until I was 12.
- I spent 41 months of my life breastfeeding.
- I didn’t wear jeans for 10 years, preferring colourful cotton trousers or combats. I searched long and hard for photographic evidence of this, but there wasn’t much because a) there aren’t many photos of me and b) most photos are from the waist up. But here’s a couple of pics.
- Five questions I was asked
- What do you love most about your fabulous self? I think I answered this one the other day too – at the moment the main thing I like about myself is my enthusiasm for the things my kids and I love doing. That’s running, dancing and blogging for me and lots of sport for my boys and dancing for my daughter.
- What is your most favourite film and snack of choice? I don’t really have a favourite film – I loved the Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I really enjoyed Madagascar 3. My favourite snack is ALWAYS Green & Blacks Maya Gold, but strangely not usually when I’m watching films.
- If you had a day to yourself, how would you spend it (with unlimited funds)? That’s a tough one. It would probably involve some sort of leisurely sightseeing and a nice lunch which included noodles – and reading my book while I was eating. I’m not sure where I’d want to be, though – maybe London. I might nip into Superdry while I was there and pick up a few things.
- Name three things that make you smile no matter what (naming kids is cheating, they’re not things) Dancing – doing it myself or watching other people doing it. You can’t beat dancing for putting a smile on your face. Sarcasm and inappropriate humour – it might be the lowest form of wit, but it makes me smile big time. A good bit of sarcasm and inappropriate humour can get you through the very worst day. Getting out into the fresh air for a run or a walk on my own. A nice bit of headspace and fresh air always makes me smile. It doesn’t have to be anywhere beautiful – I often walk and run through an industrial estate – it’s the being out and on my own that matters.
- Describe your happiest day (can’t include getting married or having kids) I like days which are unexpectedly good – normal days where everything goes smoothly or when you go out somewhere and it turns out to be more fun and more relaxing than you were expecting. As a kid, the day we went on holiday was always the best day of the year – better than Christmas or birthdays – especially as we didn’t go on holiday every year. But the best day EVER had to be the day my sister was born. I was 9. I heard noise in the early hours and got up to find my Dad and a strange lady there. My Mum had already gone to hospital and the lady was a colleague of my Dad’s there to babysit. I couldn’t get back to sleep, so I sat up talking to her and she finished off sewing my costume for the school play. I was allowed ice cream with my breakfast and lemonade in my flask for school! At afternoon playtime my Dad appeared and came to take us out of school early to see our new baby sister. I felt so excited and proud to have a baby sister. I doted on my sister all the way through her childhood. She was my baby right up until I had my son. (That’s her in both the above photos!)
Five people I’m tagging
Five questions for them to answer
- What couldn’t you live without (we’re talking possessions – not people)?
- Shoes, handbags or hairdos – which matters the most to you?
- What’s your pet hate?
- What’s the best holiday you’ve ever been on?
- Have you ever met any of your blogging friends, if not, who would you like to meet?